It’s completely normal to feel stressed or overwhelmed at times in the office. Workdays can be chaotic, challenging, stimulating, and busy. However, it’s important to step back, relax, and take some time to ease your mind to be productive to your fullest potential. Here are a few simple tips to help you calm your nerves and chill out.
1. Turn on mood-boosting music. Music has a natural way of boosting positivity, providing inspiration, and calming anxiety. If your office is quiet, bring headphones with you every day. Music can stimulate productivity too, so it might even help you complete your tasks quicker.
2. Buy a small essential oil diffuser for your desk. Natural essential oils like lavender, rose, ylang ylang, bergamot, and chamomile can provide relief as a natural remedy for anxiety. Put a couple drops of oils in your diffuser and take a few slow, deep breaths. You can even close your eyes, picture yourself at your favorite place stress-free, and try to mediate for a couple of minutes.
3. Socialize. Social interaction will help give your mind a break from work and help you step away from the screen for a bit. Try to avoid strictly talking about work and change the topic to something fun and tension-free.
4. Write it down. If your mind feels overwhelmed with a million thoughts at once, write them down in a bulleted list. By writing them in a list format, you’ll be able to focus on tackling one task at a time.
5. Remember you can accomplish anything. Take a few minutes to remind yourself that you’re capable of anything you set your mind to. Have confidence in yourself and know that you can and will accomplish your goals.
Sometimes it’s important to take a step back and relax. Stress and anxiety in the office is unavoidable, but it doesn’t have to feel that way. Always remember to take care of yourself and take control.
Love & light,